16 miles of hiking • 3750' elevation gain •
Spent three days of redrock fun in the park with my son, sister in law and her son. The two boys ages 10 and 12 had a blast.
We went on 7 trips, including a guided slot canyoneering adventure. Loved the slickrock, planning our next trip back to the area.
- Emerald Pools Loop : 3.5 miles, 350 ft.
- Shelf Canyon-a short dry slot canyon- what a hoot! 1 mile 100 feet elevation
- Angel's Landing: 5 miles 1500 feet gain. Did this at sunset, saw just a few groups coming down and had the top to ourselves.
- Anasazi ruins exploration in Kanab Canyon. 1 mile 200 ft- did this as a diversion after driving all the way to Kanab and not getting a lottery permit to "The Wave".
- Lamb's Knoll Canyoneering adventure in Snake Canyon. 1 mile 300 feet of slickrock scrambling, slithering and rappelling.
- The Watchman: 3 miles and 300 ft. in new snow- was not planning on doing this hike until we heard there were bighorn sheep sighted the day before. Sure enough, we saw us some sheeps!
- Progeny Peak: 1.6 miles 1100 ft. Awesome off trail slickrock scramble to an arch and a lofty summit with amazing 360 degree views.